Friday, October 22, 2010

Impresii proiect Danemarca








I have to admit that before the meeting I was quite nervous, not knowing what we were expected to say, but I rapidly calmed down as I met some wonderful people willing to communicate with us, in a calm, friendly way.
I was absolutely delighted with the discussion and very absorbed by the problems we talked about. The Danish teachers were extremely sociable and open-minded, so it was a pleasure and an honour for me to have the chance to be involved in this event. I hope that we will keep in touch with them and we will develop beautiful projects together. Thank you for this opportunity!

Bianca Juhasz
12 Form C


Denmark is geographically located in northern Europe. Despite being the smallest of its neighbouring northern countries, it is the oldest. Last week, I learned that the Danes are very communicative, friendly and proud of their country and heritage. It was interesting and refreshing to learn about a new culture and how different its approach is to education. I learned that private schools offer the same subjects and final examinations as the public schools do. In addition, many of the schools also focus on special subjects like physical education, music, theatre, and offer other non-traditional types of courses. For instance, students don't need a diploma in pedagogy to become teachers. Another interesting fact that caught my attention was that high school yards often have gardens in them where the students practice the art of harvesting various types of vegetables such as carrots.
The Danish efterskole discussion was also new to me. The efterskole is a unique danish residential school for students between 14 and 18 years old. One of the things that is unique about the efterskole is the teacher-student relationship. The teacher is responsible for both teaching and supervising the students outside of school hours. This means that teachers and students are together all day from the time the students wake up until they go to bed. The overall student experience is very different than what I am used to, but it seems to me that students learn a lot of things that prepare them for life. What I like most are the extra-school projects and activities that bring the students together and prepare them for the future.

COSMA IOANA - AUGUSTA . Class X F

The Danes
Last Wednesday was a special day for me. For the first time I met Danish people. They were all blond and tall, some of them even cute.
I and my classmates went to the ICD and met them because they wanted to know pupils from Romania and,of course, we all spoke in English.
We talked about many things, such as how their country is, their high scools and what they teach. Actually, they were nice people and they invited us, me and my classmates, to go for a month to Denmark, for the summer vacation to see how they teach. It seemed to me a great idea, because it'll be useful for me to go abroad and see their culture and traditions.
They told us that, for them it is more important to socialize and to know how their pupils think rather than simply teach and I found that very interesting.
I hope one day, we'll all go to Denmark to see how is there and to meet a lot of new people . It'll be an interesting experience for me, for all of us.

Lucia Iunian XF

No comments: